A problem we have been running into is that a technician when running after hours especially needs to make a call to a customer they can only do so by booking a call through mobile. We want all our technician calls recorded but just because a technician i

alorway
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

3 REPLIES 3

alorway

But if the number they need to call is different than what is on the customers file for an existing customer (like say we have a home number on file but they want us to call their cell phone) then the only way to add a new contact field is to book a job. They cant add a new number to a customers account just by searching the customer which is the main issue we are running into for our after hours technicians.

shawnsik
Contributor

The tech does not have to book the call to call out to a customer. We thought that also. They can simply search the address and there is the phone number with it. Just click the # and it will call out without having to book. I literally just retested this with one of our ipads here at the office. You just have to show the techs.

alorway

It shows my post was cut off so reposting in comments- A problem we have been running into is that a technician when running after hours especially needs to make a call to a customer they can only do so by booking a call through mobile. We want all our technician calls recorded but just because a technician is calling a customer doesn't mean we necessarily need to book a call. This has been an on going issue that we just don't have a simple enough work around besides putting a bunch of non ran booked calls on hold for our office to cancel the next day. Very inconvenient and inefficient. Technicians should be able to access a feature to contact the customer through Service Titan without having to book a call.