IDEA ALERT: Dispatch Pro- need to be able to change starting address

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Here's another idea for you wonderful people: https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-5602

Dispatch Pro- need to be able to change starting address
Sometimes our techs come to the shop for a meeting or go to a supply house first thing in the morning. We need to be able to put an address into a non-job event that Dispatch Pro will take into account when assigning jobs. For example, today we had a service meeting. All our techs were at the shop first thing. Then they all got sent to jobs relatively close to their homes, but we had a job NEXT DOOR TO THE SHOP- one of those techs had to backtrack to the shop for his second job. Should a dispatcher have caught this manually? Yes. Should the system be able to know where non-job events are happening for routing purposes? Also yes.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions
3 REPLIES 3

AKUMP

I know I already responded on Masterminds but responding here for visibility as well. You can actually already do this by marking a non job event code as needing to be routed around. We're creating three to start, one for meetings, Starting at the office, and Ending at the office. Then when you add your non job event, just pick the right code and it will route around it! 

AKUMP_0-1701809534968.png

Angela Kump
Jr. Sys Admin - Bonney

JessicaSmith

And I replied on MM but for people here- still think you should be able to enter an address in a non-job event on the fly. I don’t want separate time sheet codes for every supply house we might route to!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

AKUMP

Yeah I agree that having it on the non job event itself is a WAY better option!! 

Angela Kump
Jr. Sys Admin - Bonney