Non-Job Events and Time

Tionna
New Contributor

I'm looking for information or suggestions on how the time for non-job events, specifically meetings work. I've read over articles but none address this issue. We have weekly meetings scheduled for techs as non-job events. They are marked as paid and need a time sheet. However, the tech will see an extra hour on their time sheet for a few days leading up to the meeting day until they clock in and out of the event. Their time will then adjust but they are seeing/thinking they have an hour more time than they actually do until the event happens. Is there a solution to this? I've called ST support and they have confirmed there isn't one. Anyone else experiencing this? Can that be changed or hidden? 

10 REPLIES 10

ccranfor
New Contributor III

Hi Tionna!

As of right now, there isn't a way to hide future scheduled non-job events on mobile.  However, I wanted to give a solution that could accomplish what you're looking for. 

Techs can clock into events from mobile without them being scheduled on the Dispatch Board.  From mobile, they can click their profile icon, click Events (once they're clocked in), and they can see all the Timesheet Codes that have the "visibility" option set to "Always."  This means that the tech could first clock in, and then clock into the "Meeting" event, and this would prevent future meetings from showing because the tech is creating those events each day. If you navigate to Timesheet Codes in Settings, the Visibility would need to be set to "Always" for the Events that you'd like techs to clock into without them being scheduled on the Dispatch Board.   

On the office side, you can create a "Meeting" event and have the "Needs a Timesheet?" option deselected so that they techs schedule is correct.  These events only show on the office side 🙂

Let me know if you have any questions on this solution or need any help, thanks!

alphapaige
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Tionna, do you mean that if your technicians do NOT clock in to these events, they are not paid? But they show on the dispatch board as "scheduled"? 

If so, I'd love to see how you're configuring the timesheet codes, this is exactly what I need to be happening 🙂

ccranfor
New Contributor III

Hi @alphapaige, when you are editing a Timesheet Code in Settings, there is an "Exclude from reports if tech fails to clock in" option.  If selected, this means that if the tech does not clock into the event, they will not be paid for that event, and the event will be removed from the dispatch board.  This setting is retroactive, so any past events created with that timesheet code where the tech did not clock into it will drop off the dispatch board.  As of right now, there isn't a way to have a paid non-job event become an unpaid event and have it still stay on the dispatch board if the tech does not clock into it. 

alphapaige

No, that doesn't exclude from the timesheet. I have "exclude from timesheet" checked off, and my technicians have been automatically getting the time.

ccranfor
New Contributor III

Hi @alphapaige,

The non-job event should be removed from timesheet reporting and the dispatch board if the "Exclude from reports if tech fails to clock in" option is selected when editing a timesheet code in Settings.  If it isn't, then there is an issue in the system that our developers need to fix.  Just to confirm, when you use a timesheet code that has the "Exclude from reports if tech fails to clock in" option selected in settings, the event is not dropping from the dispatch board or timesheet reports?

The normal behavior is for the event to drop off, and a block of idle time is created.  Whether or not that is paid for depends if you are using Simple Clock IO (Settings > People > Payroll > Timesheet Codes > Edit on Clock IO > Enable Simple Clock in and Out), which means all idle time will be paid for regardless of your Idle Time settings, or if you're not using Simple Clock IO, the idle time will be paid based on your Idle Time settings (Settings > People > Payroll > Idle Time)

alphapaige

@ccranfor , you're correct, the event does not drop off the dispatch board if the tech fails to clock in. It stays, even if "exclude...." is checked ON.

We do not use Simple Clock In/Out because we don't want all idle time paid for - we have it capped at 60 minutes.

ccranfor
New Contributor III

@alphapaige thanks for bringing this to our attention! I'll loop in our developers so that we can get this issue fixed.  If you wouldn't mind sending me the name of the company that you work for (here in this thread or in a direct message) so that I can attach it with the ticket, I'd sincerely appreciate it.  Thanks for your patience while we work on this.

alphapaige

@ccranfor Alpha Plumbing

I have been testing, and if I check "remove from board" when creating the event, it does get dropped off the dispatch board, but still appears as "paid time" for the tech, regardless of whether or not he's clocked in. 

ccranfor
New Contributor III

@alphapaige Thank you!

Yes, that is a different setting and that is expected behavior.  Sending you a DM now 🙂