Office Non-Job Events - How do I hide them?

mambrosi
New Contributor

Hello,

I created timesheet codes for employees in the office that are to be used for backend purposes to track unpaid time off. The intention for creating these wasn't to implement the office staff to punch in and out of. After creating them, I noticed they are now options on their timeclock as a non-job events to punch in and out of and we do not want that. I then went into the edit screen to see how to change the visibility and there is no option. After reading a few community blogs, I noticed when you created a technician timesheet code it asks you if it needs to be visible or not but it didn't do that when I created it for the employee. I tried emailing support and have now been on hold for approx 20 minutes with them and still don't have any answers on my question. 

Does anyone have any insight to this matter? For reference, the timesheet codes we created are the following:

1. Unpaid - Sick

2. Unpaid - Holiday

3. Unpaid - Vacation 

3 REPLIES 3

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You mentioned that your office staff aren't using the clock in/out feature?  I presume that a bookeeper or yourself manually enter in the times for them and then run a timesheet for each pay period?  If so, then you could rename the timesheet codes to a number sequence that has no meaning to the office staff with a key/legend that the person who enters the codes will know.  Ex: 001 = Sick, unpaid.  They will still see the codes, but won't have any value to them.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

Hi Miranda, the office staff is actively using the timeclock to punch in and out of daily and I use their timesheet reports to complete their payroll. Sorry that I didn't mention that. We have timesheet codes for all paid leave (PTO-Sick, PTO-Vacation, PTO-Holiday) and he felt we should have mirrored Timesheet codes that are for the same type of leave but when they are Unpaid. So that is what prompted me to create these unpaid timesheet codes for employees. After thinking it through a bit, I believe what I should have done is create the timesheet codes but under "technician" instead of employee since that allows you to select the type of visibility the code needs. 

Because the PTO timesheet codes were created under the "technician" option and I can still add them to office staff timesheets with no issues.

MirandaMel

Ah, that makes sense!  Technician timesheet codes aren't available as an option on the office timesheets when you edit them.  I find the office timesheets need a bit of improvement.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning