Help! Identifiing transgender customers for service techs

dodette
New Contributor II

All names have been changed.

We have several customers who were formerly "John" and are now "Suzy".  Or vice versa.  We don't always see the service techs in order to give them a verbal heads up.  All of these customers have been with us for some time.  How do we notify in service titan that no, Suzy isn't Johns new wife.. Suzy is the person formerly known as John? I'm afraid that the tech is going to show up and say "Hi John" or, worse "hey, who's Suzy, did you get married". Just because they don't know.  

I feel like writing "formerally known as John" isn't proper and using a tag is just trashy. Am I wrong?

Help pls.  We love all our customers and want to keep ST as inclusively correct as possible.  I'm writing this post here in lounge so it doesnt spark any controversy on the 'service' board.  

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Miranda
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I would recommend coming up with a tag that has some sort of code word so that if the customer sees it they don't understand what it says, but make it stand out to the techs. Make sure to communicate with all of your techs what that tag means. 

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jaquelin

I don't think the customers see the tags, so I agree with Miranda. You don't have to write out "transitioned" or "Trans" as a tag. Just pick an emoji, we use several of those. 

Miranda

I would recommend coming up with a tag that has some sort of code word so that if the customer sees it they don't understand what it says, but make it stand out to the techs. Make sure to communicate with all of your techs what that tag means. 

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

dodette
New Contributor II

thank you, just the advice i needed.  ❤️