Health and Wellness Program for Employee

monar_arlene
New Contributor III

Hello,

Does anyone offer any sort of health and wellness programs/perks to their employees?  We are a small company and don't offer health insurance so I'm looking for wellness perks to offer to the employees.  We offer gym memberships, buy them cases of water to help keep them hydrated, and will treat them to lunch every now and then. We also treat the team to breakfast for employees birthdays. Every now and then we also give them self-care hours to do something for themselves on a Friday afternoon or whenever it fits our schedule. I'm thinking of bringing someone in to do chair massages... not sure if this is feasible but it's a thought. 

What perks do you offer to your employees to show that you care about their health and wellness? I'm trying to change the culture and looking for ideas. 

Thanks in advance. 

8 REPLIES 8

ChelseaTitan
Contributor

Another cool thing/incentive to do - We used to have this little contest where, if a service technician got a positive yelp review we'd give them 50$!  That's fun too!

Dispatch and Office Supervisor - Smelly Mel's Plumbing

Thanks, Chelsea. Definitely implementing this one! 

barbaral
Contributor

We keep water onhand all the time, as well as some healthy treats (nut trail mixes, Kind mini bars, yogurt covered raisins, peanut butter crackers, cheese crackers are some of the selections we have right now).  We also do a birthday goodie bag for our employees on their birthdays (filled with snacks/treats they like and a gift card to a local restaurant or store), we also do lunch for various occasions throughout the year, and the ice pops are a huge favorite when the weather gets warm!  

Hi Barbaral, thanks for your response as well. Great idea of the goodie bag for birthdays. I do a GC but I like your idea of the goodie bag as well... instant treat to enjoy. 🙂 I'll also be adding ice pops, seems to be a popular one. Thanks again! 

monar_arlene
New Contributor III

Love the ice cream/pops idea! Definitely adding that idea, it'll be a great since it's summer time. I do snacks/breakfast for staff meetings, and surprise lunches as well. I used to do surprise flowers for the CSRs but don't think I've done it this year.... thanks for the reminder on that. 

Glad we're all on the same page with these ideas. Being new to the industry I wanted to make sure I don't miss "the little things" that make a big difference to our staff. Thanks for sharing your idea, Khiana!

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Currently, our office manager always keeps ice-cream/popsicles, cold drinks, hot drinks, treats on hand at the office for all employees. Whenever we have a staff meeting, they supply snacks (muffins, danishes, croissants). At another company I worked for, they would surprise us with special treat days (buy us lunch, gift us something small such as keychains, bring in donuts, give us flowers, etc). We never knew what day it would happen so it was literally a surprise and would be a little pick me up for the day and cheer everyone up! Loving yours and Chelsea's suggestions as well. I can't wait to hear the other suggestions we get in this thread!

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

monar_arlene
New Contributor III

Thanks, Chelsea. Love the family day at the park idea. 

ChelseaTitan
Contributor

At another location our company organized monthly pot-lucks.  Typically the labor crew would BBQ and we would all have a chance to hang out together in a non-stressful way!  Also, maybe facilitate a fun family day at an amusement park!

Dispatch and Office Supervisor - Smelly Mel's Plumbing