Creating a comfortable work space

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Hello CSRs!

We are often told that we should make our work space enjoyable. We spend more time here than at home after all probably! Having an inviting and calming workspace can increase productivity and help us sound more calm/cheerful on phone calls/in meetings. 

How do you have your space set up? Drop some photos below! Or share maybe some ideas of your office goals for the future. I love Pinterest for inspiration for future goals!

My grandma had the mother plant; gifted a baby to my mom; who then gifted me a baby of the baby! Generations!My grandma had the mother plant; gifted a baby to my mom; who then gifted me a baby of the baby! Generations!The plant pot holds my hand sanitizer! The desk calendar is a gift from my mom.The plant pot holds my hand sanitizer! The desk calendar is a gift from my mom.Family photos!Family photos!

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
20 REPLIES 20

TaylorC
New Contributor II

🌱I'm a plant mama so I have a small snake plant in a ladybug decorated pot on my desk as well as a few succulents. I love hedgehogs and I have one succulent in a tiny ceramic hedgehog pot, as well as a hedgehog mug, mouse pad, and figurine on my desk. There is a family photo on my corkboard, and a stash of some dark chocolate espresso beans in my desk draw for when I finish a particularly difficult call.  I also keep a blanket shawl and a space heater by my desk since I'm right by the front door and it's a lot chillier by my desk in the winter. 

For everyone, I also lightly decorate the office with little holiday themed things. Right now I still have paper shamrocks up on the corkboards and whiteboards for St. Patrick's Day. ☘️

Miranda
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Very cute and inviting! I have slowly moved some things into my office to make it more me friendly ❤️ I have a motivational daily calendar and a cute wall calendar. So far I only have a picture of my nieces and nephews, but I have plans to add more pictures and a plaque or two soon! Unfortunately, I am not a plant lady, so you won't find any of those in my office. 

Calendar.jpegNieces-Nephews.jpeg

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Oh my goodness - so many cute kids all in one photo! Absolutely adorable!! Honestly, I find it is just the little things that can make a difference. 🙂 You can always get artificial plants do you don't have to worry about keeping them alive haha!

Khiana Klatt

Miranda

Definitely the little things help big time! 

Hahaha fake ones are definitely what I tend to lean towards. I struggle to keep them alive!

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Hit up a dollar store near you and boom you are all set haha. Take it from me - real plants are an expensive hobby hahaha!

Khiana Klatt

JessicaSmith

My office is also my extra closet- I live in a small house with not enough closet space so when my older son moved out I claimed it as my own. Sometimes when I need a change of scenery I move to my husband's desk in the living room- he's hybrid so two days a week it's free for me!

I tried really hard to make my home office ONLY my office, but there's not enough space for a dedicated office in my house. I have to share.

I have a standing desk on top of a folding table but admittedly I don't stand as much as I should.

My little space is cluttered. I can't wait to move (hopefully in the next 6 months) and have more space in my house so I can really make a dedicated office space.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

I have a sit/stand desk and I love it but admittedly, like you, I get so busy and forget to stand. But they are very convenient for days you are stiff/sore so you can get up and stretch! Look at you making your small space work! I am in the office every day which for me is good because like you, I live in a very tiny space so I would not have an office and would be working from my kitchen table. I hope you're able to move soon and create your dream office space. 🙂 Do you have any pro tips for making a small space work??

Khiana Klatt

JessicaSmith

I haven't put it into action because I really like my stuff... but have less stuff! LOL

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Ah fair enough. It's SO hard haha. I'd love to purge and have a yard sale this year but it's a lot of work. Definitely want to try having less stuff though.

Khiana Klatt