Need to detach / un-associate Contractor with Multiple Locations

barbaral
Contributor

I hope I can explain this! 

In our previous customer management software - we had a customer who is a contractor that we did a lot of work for at multiple address locations. (Unique addresses) ALL the locations have their own Homeowners. 

We no longer store our information that way and I would like to somehow Detach the Contractor from the 6 unique address locations that are under his name. 

I tried to deactivate the Contractor and his personal address, because we have never performed work at that location, but ST then hid all the 6 other unique location addresses.   

I need to keep the 6 location addresses BUT for some reason I cannot figure out a way to get the Contractor's name out.  

Whats step am I missing or doing wrong?   TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You will need to create a "Customer" for the homeowner at each location, then go in to the locations that is under the contractor and change that customer to the homeowner that you just created, you can then either merge the 2 locations (one will automatically be set up when you create the customer) or just deactivate the location with no history in it. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

asnow
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for jumping in with a great explanation @RandiThompson ! 

RandiThompson

You will need to create a "Customer" for the homeowner at each location, then go in to the locations that is under the contractor and change that customer to the homeowner that you just created, you can then either merge the 2 locations (one will automatically be set up when you create the customer) or just deactivate the location with no history in it. 

Randi Thompson

@RandiThompson you explained this so well! I would not have been so successful. 

Gulfshore Air Conditioning, Niceville FL
CSR/Dispatcher Group Moderator & LadyTitans Member

RandiThompson

Thanks, I have explained it a FEW times to our dispacher/csr's so I have it down to a science now lol 

Randi Thompson

Thank you for the reply - I will try that and let you know!