Quickbooks classifications.

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

Is there a way to classify my invoices from Service Titan that they go into our 4 classifications in Quickbooks without me manually doing it every week?

We have Installation Plumbing, Installation HVAC, Plumbing All and Service-HVAC. I never knew before my boss told me that I had to run a report in Quickbooks to classify my exported invoices. We have them categorized in ST by multiple different jobs.

Is there an easier way to do this.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Community Member

Good to know thank you.

jsparrow
New Contributor III

I am not familiar with the New Flat Rate book so not sure about how to deal with a report for who purchased from what level. It sounds like you basically need a way to not forget about that customer who purchased the platinum inspection (a year later)?

If so... you can set up certain flat rate task so that they will create a "tag" or "recurring service" when a customer purchases that task....go to the "workflow" tab on each task

Then each month you run a tag or recurring services report showing what is due for this month upcoming....if wanted you could have lots of different recurring services (levels) show up in this one report

Basically you are setting up a system whereby it all done automatically...we have done this with various annual inspections or services we need to complete (an be notified about but didnt want to use memberships for this).

Or you could always just have it Auto add a full blown membership when you use the certain task in your price book

Hope this is what you are talking about.

Former Community Member

@Jim Sparrow? I have a different question maybe you can help me with. Is there a way to run a report based on what level my customer purchased. We use the New Flat Rate as our pricing book. We have 5 levels and our top level Platinum needs to have an inspection done a year later. I am a new secretary here and the other one didn't track this. I had a client call in for an estimate and asked about the inspection. I pulled her up in Quickbooks and found that indeed she had purchased a Platinum. I would like to pull a report if I could. Thanks

Former Community Member

Thanks for the info Jim. We don't have it set up that way and it is not something that interests my manager to do.

jsparrow
New Contributor III

Do you have those 4 set up as income GL accounts in QB? ...then connect each business unit in ST to the income acct you want in QB? ...then when you import each invoice it will go into whatever income acct automatically