GIVE BACK LEGACY PAYMENTS

bwaugh
New Contributor

This is confusing and cumbersome and has increased our workflow times 4.  Even the webinar is hard to follow.  Why are we fixing things that aren't broken? I used to could add a refund without an adjustment invoice and could see that refund on that invoice at any future time.  Now I have to search and try to figure out where they heck it went. This was done for streamlining the experience? Whatever, this has complicated our office process so much. I'm so angry, I do not have time to figure out some new process that takes multiple more steps that only makes sense to someone who obviously doesn't do payments for a living.  Also, why would we need mass collection?  Our techs apply the payments in the field.  If someone can't figure out their GL accounts, do not punish the rest of us.  Automate our refunds?  No way, I need to see why anything is being refunded as that should be a rarity.  GIVE US BACK LEGACY PAYMENTS!!!!

2 REPLIES 2

bwaugh
New Contributor

UPDATE: After a year of stress and complaining, I finally got an audience with some top ST guys that allowed me to walk through the issue and why it was such a mess. Long story short, our corporate office had never had us turn on a the "transaction hub" and basically it made their update work seamlessly. I still don't prefer it over the legacy payments, but it's tolerable. 

Here are my notes from that day:

Ok.... fresh off my zoom meeting with ST. Apparently there is a "transaction hub" that needs to be turned on and set up so the refund/credit process automates itself. (they were getting complaints that the old way wasn't truly a correct book keeping way and people in the system could just willy nilly chose what ever payment or task they wanted) I cringed when they said automated, but when they showed me where you see the end results and can confirm it's set up properly, I have some hope that this is solvable. Corporate apparently thought if someone wasn't using ST payments they couldn't use transaction hub either. This problem sounds like it potentially goes beyond Neighborly. They want me to work with Alec to set mine up and then get back with them in a couple of weeks with problems and/or insights. I also didn't know that you can use the "next" window to test stuff and it won't mess up your real set of books? So, it went better than I anticipated and all my points were moot with this feature being set up and used. IF it does what they think it does. I'll keep y'all updated.
Basically on refunds what you choose is key. One option takes off the payment and the task and clears the balance. If you only need the payment removed it's the other option (deposit or overpayment I think). If you are wanting to give change, use billing error. I really hope this helps someone else!! I've never been so close to throwing my computer out the door before.
PS - I think ST has to turn this feature on for you but I'm not sure. But under settings, invoicing, payment collections is the magic set up! Fingers crossed.

Erinb123
New Contributor

I agree! I have never been more frustrated! I spend WAY more time now than I did before. Plus sooo many mistakes happen with the new update, because no one knows where to look.