New error when exporting invoices to QBO.

Jim_Owens
New Contributor II

The error reads, Couldn't export the business unit "name", the error: Export finished with errors. See pending export report in ServiceTitan for more details.

We have not changed any settings in ST or QBO but we started having this error a few days ago on all new invoice batches. Some of the invoices are able to export but not all. The pending export report doesnt show anything on the problem batches for some reason.Screenshot_20230430_080146_Chrome.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DianaK
Contributor

I usually see this error relating to Sales Tax setup. I went and checked your account and noticed that the Sales Tax Item is not the same for all of your tax zones. 

DianaK_0-1682950569425.png

So if you are exporting an invoice and it is using the wrong one, that will error out. So use this doc to double check your QBO and your tax setup in ST.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WIAT-LpYN_M9eeqzcshGTAFWtwFU4j8ctxwZbqtEpdg/edit?usp=sharing

If your Sales Tax Items need to be changed to "ServiceTitan Sales Tax" let me know and I can do that en masse

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

terri_ch
New Contributor II

I attempted the sales tax solution. . . it might be that was part of it, but I also suspect that YOU CANNOT USE AN ACCOUNTANT or MULTI-COMPANY QBO user to connect ServiceTitan to QBO.  I connected to a single company Company Admin account and my BUs are exporting correctly now.

DianaK
Contributor

I usually see this error relating to Sales Tax setup. I went and checked your account and noticed that the Sales Tax Item is not the same for all of your tax zones. 

DianaK_0-1682950569425.png

So if you are exporting an invoice and it is using the wrong one, that will error out. So use this doc to double check your QBO and your tax setup in ST.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WIAT-LpYN_M9eeqzcshGTAFWtwFU4j8ctxwZbqtEpdg/edit?usp=sharing

If your Sales Tax Items need to be changed to "ServiceTitan Sales Tax" let me know and I can do that en masse

Jim_Owens
New Contributor II

Diana

Thank you so much for the quick reply. We added a new customer than was in a different tax zone and it didnt get setup properly. Your solution fixed our problem.

Jim

So glad that worked! Happy to have helped.