Service Titan does not offer this functionality, but our company would like to do replenishment transfers from one warehouse to another.

cdurham_
New Contributor

Main reason being is that we have physical material bins which we provide with the equipment used on an install. We created these bins as "mini-warehouse" in Service Titan so that are main warehouse stock (what's physically on the shelves) would be separated from the stock that's in the bins. Concept would be a material bin would go to a job, a technician would notate what was used from the bin, the material from that bin would be applied to the job, and the bin (listed as a warehouse in Service Titan) would not call for replenishment (since it also has a specific bin template assigned to it). Then we could transfer stock from our main warehouse into the material bin which would mimic the physical process as well. This way our warehouse indicates specifically what is on the shelf and doesn't account for material listed in the bins. Only thing is, Service Titan does not allow for a replenishment transfer from one warehouse to another. It does allow for replenishment purchase orders for a warehouse however. Anyway, I could probably elaborate further, but basically I think allowing a replenishment transfer from a warehouse to another would improve the functionality of the software.

2 REPLIES 2

devin-PacAir
New Contributor

Did anyone from ST get ahold of you regarding this question or request? I am having the same issue and line of questioning as we do the same with our "Kit boxes" for our different applications our installers are doing. For example we have 2 gas pipe fitting boxes that are their own "mini-warehouse" that they use and fill out a form for everyday. My question is as follows "Is there a function to transfer/replenish warehouses through other warehouses?".

wch_alex
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

So instead of having a "Mini-Warehouse" I think it would be better to setup a transfer forum template? From what it sounds it sounds like there is a finite amount of materials in those bins, lets say 30 screws and 10 bolts for an easy example. When you transfer those items from the main warehouse (instead of the mini warehouse) to the truck. The truck will then have 30 screws and 10 bolts. Lets say the tech uses 10 screws and 10 bolts from the truck, then you will be down to 20 screws and 0 bolts. The tech will then visually see that they need a new bin which then you would transfer the 20 screws and 0 bolts back to the original warehouse.

I think this would be a better workflow. If you don't think so, please post this in the "Ideas" tab so I can go like it!