Suggestion: Please allow admin privileges to be able to delete invoices. Even in accounting software such as QB, invoices created in error are easily taken care of by those who have permissions to do so.

aliciaal
New Contributor II

8 REPLIES 8

Kathy1
New Contributor II

I agree that would be really helpful

aliciaal
New Contributor II

We can also delete adjustment invoices.

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

I can delete Adjustment invoices if they were made in error, before they are exported. But not original invoices. I would have to just take them down to a zero, like you said.

aliciaal
New Contributor II

We've never been able to delete an invoice. Once it's been created it's apparently there forever.......batched, posted or exported. We have the ability to remove the tasks, leaving it as a zero invoice, but it's still there. I would like to be able to just delete it, like it never happened. Maybe ST is thinking that it's preventing discrepancies with our accounting system, but if I'm using QB and I have permissions (which I do) I can delete any invoice I want regardless of money owed, payment, etc., if there's another reason I'd sure like to know.......#stemployees please chime in.

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

BigAl, you can't delete once they are exported? Can you? That is what I think we are saying. If an invoice is "Pending", I can go in and delete the info, no problem. It is once the invoice has been "Exported", then I have to go in and make an Adjustment Invoice to get the charges off of the customer's account. Then at the end of the year or quarter, whatever, they want a printout of all work completed and that shows up, that is when the questions start.

shawnsik
Contributor

I have always been able to do this up until TODAY. Why would it change, I am the one who puts all the info in. With every update we have major issues.

alemke
New Contributor II

Ask you Success Manager...they can turn on Adj Inv for you. I can delete and adjust invoices as need be. Although if you try to edit once exported, you NEED to adjust your accounting software. Using ADJ INV is one solution. ST has ability to DEL even after exported...again, just edit accounting software also 🙂

dwhite45
Valued Contributor

It sure would save a lot of credits and adjustment invoices having to be issued. And if customers are asking for a history of their account and see something that should not have been there, that brings up all kinds of other issues, whether we have fixed it or not.