What is the best way to recoup credit card processing fees? Can we add a convenience fee on to each credit card invoice? Any suggestions???

jhoney
New Contributor

6 REPLIES 6

jhiner
New Contributor II

This has been submitted as an idea for future solution. If you have not already voted on it. Go here to do so. I need this functionality as well. https://community.servicetitan.com/t5/Ideas/bd-p/ideas

aaron_at
New Contributor II
It's been a while, but I created a membership (it's a zero dollar item when added to an invoice). Then when the cash discount membership pricing kicks in, it just so happens to be 3% less than our normal retail pricing. I hope this helps. We were using this for a short time, but it became such a pain in the butt we stopped using this alltogether.... we just raised our prices 3% across the board and have decided to always ask they pay with a check, and when someone insists on using a card, it's no big deal, but when they pay by check, we make an additional 3%. It all comes out in the wash in the end. Aaron Zambrana, Owner AtoZ Window Screens, Chimney Sweep & Dryer Vent Cleaning www.AtoZScreens.com www.AtozChimneys.com 916-408-2496 Office 916-705-0975 Cell

lizzy1
New Contributor II

Does the credit card processing fee sales tax?

lizzy1
New Contributor II

Is there another way to charge the processing fee rather than increasing 3% across the board?

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

@Aaron Zambrana? how were you able to add a percentage discount? I am trying to add a percentage discount for a coupon we sent out and have not had any luck adding this.

aaron_at
New Contributor II

I increased our prices by 3% across the board. then I set up a ST membership called "Cash discount". My field techs ask if the customer wants to get a 3% discount by paying with check. If they say yes, then we add the "cash discount membership" to the invoice and it takes 3% off the total.