I cannot seem to figure out how to add the equipment from the customers record so the CSR can select it when booking the call, then it would pre-populate on the tech's mobile work order.

ricki921
New Contributor II

So he knows what he is working on and he can add or change it as needed. and we will have a history of what work was done on that piece of equipment

4 REPLIES 4

ricki921
New Contributor II

Thank you for the quick response, I am used to having the specific jobs run tied to specific equipment, which is valuable in figuring out what has been done at a customers property and with a specific piece of equipment. ST does not offer that at this time.

danielle14
New Contributor III

The only way that I have noticed that we can assign a specific equipment is when we sell memberships, there's an option that says "select equipment and save" from there we can attach equipment and the CSR's can select the pieces when we follow up for a maintenance -- if i'm understanding your question correctly.

ricki921
New Contributor II

Gary thank you very much for the quick response, Ii do not think I explained my question well enough. I talked to ST and what I want can't be done. I want to office to be able to tell the tech what piece of equipment they need to work on from the location record when booking the call OR the tech to be able to select the specific equipment for the job he is servicing. The reason this is important is for looking at specific issues with a piece of equipment. If I want to see what has been done to a specific piece of equipment in the location record, I would have to go though every past job to try and decipher if the job worked on that piece; which could take a while if there are multiple systems and/or lots of past jobs. I am going to have to submit this as a future build out request. In the mean time I will use custom forms and custom fields to track this, which will still be cumbersome if I need that data.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

The equipment has to be added to the location record, not the customer record. A customer may have multiple locations with equipment at each location. If you are on the location record, there is a button at the top of the record that reads "add equipment."