do I have to have to call booking feature to be able to build an Estimate from the office if not how do build an estimate with out having to schedule a job

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

6 REPLIES 6

jsparrow
New Contributor III

@User15762700941192195222 If the Estimate tab is not showing up on your call booking screen then contact your success manager and they can turn that on for you.

You can build an estimate from this tab or by going into the Invoice (from an existing job) and adding one as shown in earlier post.

On my earlier post I mainly meant...whether you are building an estiamte at the call screen or from and already entered invoice/job...you still always have to have a job attached to the estimate (unfortunately).

As far as being able to track estimates (like you think you would be able to by purchasing a cutting edge software such as ST) and also as I understand it...the ability to track estimates easily can be accomplished by purchasing the Marketing Pro Option. This is a additional revenue source for ST. I dont think it will ever be offered in regular ST (but I may be wrong about all of that  )

There is a number of places you could do this but the way we track all open estimates is Reports, Legacy, "open opportunities and follow up report" . Set this up for each tech/person you want to track. Set it up as a scheduled report (showing ALL open estimates) to show up in email every Monday Morning. Then it is printed off and handed to each sales person. Their responsibilty is to work their own open estimates from this report. We do this for all sales people and or mangers but not for "techs". Its not perfect but it has worked pretty well for keeping up with these.

For any "tech" estimates that are open. We use the follow up tab and our office staff follows up on all of those as I dont feel it is a good use of our techs time to be following up on these items.

Former Community Member

We discussed cc'ing our general mailbox but that's got it's own downside. We're just going to keep building the estimates and then going "back to call" and booking the job so we can have tracking ability. If this is ever updated to be able to track estimates that have been sent I think it would be helpful to many people who generate a lot of estimates.

Former Community Member

I don't have that option - but I'd love to!

Former Community Member

You can enter an estimate just like a booked job Look down at the bottom of the main call screen and it has an option at the bottom to "build estimate" or "book job". Build the estimate only. Once the estimate has sold you can go to that estimate screen and hit "back to call" & then "book job" The estimate will show on the customer screen. There is no way to track the estimate being emailed but so far that is the only down side we've seen. Our estimator cc's our general mailbox for tracking.

meghan_r
Contributor

If it is a client that is already in your system and has an invoice that has been batched and exported, you can just go to that invoice, hit add estimate and it will start a new estimate. It will however create it under whatever job you are using but this is the only way I have been able to do it without booking a call. est

jsparrow
New Contributor III

You cant ever add an estimate without booking it as a job first...in mobile or admin/desktop