On Map 2.0 have you found a way to change the technician colors?

sjeske
New Contributor

We are trying to get the colors assigned to our techs on the calendar to match the colors on the map; however, we have been unable to find a way to change the technician colors on the Map 2.0

9 REPLIES 9

cfalonehtx
New Contributor II

My technician colors have shifted. After everyone having their own color, today their colors all changed. They are the same similar colors, but now the techs have different colors. Caused a lot of confusion first thing in the morning and now will take come getting used. Is there a way to create and assign the colors manually? 

whitejms
New Contributor II

When two or more techs have very similar colors, Map 2.0 is all but useless and remains that way since we cannot change it.  Please help!

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

That is great information!

sjeske
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply! For us it would be much more helpful to have an option to match the colors, that we assigned our technicians, through out the platform.

qualityi
New Contributor II

We would LOVE the option of assigning colors especially very different colors!!! Right now some of the colors are so close it is extremely hard on the eyes in Map 2.0.

Emily
New Contributor II

This would be very helpful for us as well!

baraica
Former Titan

Hi there!

Our product team built the map 2.0 using a specific formula called "color distance" to find the most easily distinguishable combination of colors for the number of technicians currently visible on the map. This will eliminate the overhead of having you to manually assign colors to up to 585 technicians.

There are always going to be technicians that have similar colors- there simply aren't that many colors dark enough to still show the white stop numbers and symbols. Keep in mind that you are always able to hover over a job to see which technician(s) it's assigned to as well.

Engagement Manager
ServiceTitan Community Team

cfalonehtx
New Contributor II

i only have 8 technicians and the colors are very similar. i need a way to update the colors in order to actually use 2.0 to its fullest potential 

the technicians colors keep changing, but now they are mostly shades of blue! it makes maps 2.0 very difficult to use. Out of 8 technicians, 5 of them are blue.