Pricebook (Services vs Equipment vs Material)

Asantos1tp
New Contributor II

I have a couple of questions in regards to the Pricebook setup.

I created the material list (plumbing fittings), equipment list (toilets, water heaters, well pump) and services (install new toilet, install new water heater etc.)
My question is:
If I add a toilet (equipment) to a service (install new toilet) when the service is added to an estimate by the technician, it creates 2 items, 1 for the service and 1 for the equipment. How can I change this so the client sees only 1 item?

Also, it has 2 options to add material, in the equipment itself or the service. What's the difference between the 2 of them? For example, when installing a toilet we use wax ring. the wax ring should be added to the toilet (equipment) or the install new toilet (service).

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Are you using Dynamic Pricing?  

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

I'm not sure, I added the price to the service and to the material/equipment.

MirandaMel

Dynamic Pricing is a great tool to use in these cases.  You can add commonly used items to the Service (like a wax ring) instead of to the equipment.  As a best practice item, equipment is typically an item that has a serial number (like a water heater) instead of common items like toilets.  If you get a moment, review the Dynamic Pricing knowledge base articles or search up the Blue Collar Nerd videos as I know he has some great walkthroughs on how to set it up.  

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning