Bulk Equipment Entry/Removal

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

Currently, in order to remove equipment, you have to go line by line - first selecting the single piece of equipment, then clicking the edit button, then selecting the delete button.

Likewise, with adding equipment, you currently have to first click add equipment, add the individual piece of equipment and click save, then repeat the process.

To shorten the process, you could add a button on the Add Equipment page that offers to 'Add Another Equipment'. When clicked it would just duplicate the form on the current page allowing you to add as many pieces of equipment as needed.

You could also add a pencil icon next to the equipment list on the location page that when clicked triggers radio buttons to appear next to the equipment for fast removal.

Take a look at the pictures I've added for further clarification.

I hope to see something like this implemented in the future! Onward and upward right? 

6 REPLIES 6

jessicaw
New Contributor

Unable to remove equipment unless I am missing something. I use to be able to do it before the update. Help? Please! Thank you!

Rachel_Young
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Make sure you check permissions, there is one that controls whether equipment can be removed.

michaelburns
New Contributor III

Please?!!!!!!

kocjanci
New Contributor II

Yes! removing multiple pieces of older equipment is time consuming. Way more efficient on Successware

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

This kind of feature would also be nice when servicing multiple pieces on one service call.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

I am with Mike on this, we just installed 8 hanging heaters all the same model number, serial numbers only one apart and having to enter each one with most of the information being the same is crazy. The only saving grace and keeper of my hair was that it recognizes the previous filled in info. HELP!!!