Can Technicians view their Truck Inventory?

BDJ
New Contributor III

As we have been implementing Service Titan's Inventory system we noticed it would be very helpful for Technicians to see stock levels on their truck from service titan, including: mins & max and what is waiting on replenishments. Does anyone know if there is a way the technicians can do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SteveGant
New Contributor III

My buddy uses Ply for his business and this is what he sees for each of his trucks and warehouse. You can see exactly what you have in the truck and what is reaching critical low levels. You can also also auto-replenish right from the app and they have buyers who price shop across your existing suppliers as well as source out new ones to get the best deals/lead times. I have a demo with them later today. Happy to give you their contact info if you want to check it out for yourself @JeffHerron Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 8.54.10 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-15 at 8.55.46 AM.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MichaelMahan
New Contributor II

BDJ, thank you for the post.  All the comments have been super helpful! 

Eric_Skrabec
New Contributor III

We don't like our technicians to have too much view into what the status of their inventory orders are / pricing. We like to have them follow process and everything will be ready for them every morning - upcoming jobs are staged in their truck bins or on skids for them and replenishment is also put in their truck bins. We like to keep things simple and have them follow process. 

SteveGant
New Contributor III

I know that Ply  integrates with ST through a mobile app so techs can view and scan parts in/out of their truck when they're on a job. They also have an auto-replenishment feature. Check it out I've heard good things

JeffHerron
New Contributor III

I don't really understand the use of Ply. Their sales folks have been all over me lately. (I am wondering how they got my contact info. It seems they knew the moment we started using ST Inventory.) ST already has real-time auto-replenishment. It already allows techs to indicate material they used off their trucks. With a little API interfacing, you can pretty easily build a list of real-time tech truck stock, if needed. I do not see that Ply offers anything ST does not already have built in. What am I missing?

SteveGant
New Contributor III

My buddy uses Ply for his business and this is what he sees for each of his trucks and warehouse. You can see exactly what you have in the truck and what is reaching critical low levels. You can also also auto-replenish right from the app and they have buyers who price shop across your existing suppliers as well as source out new ones to get the best deals/lead times. I have a demo with them later today. Happy to give you their contact info if you want to check it out for yourself @JeffHerron Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 8.54.10 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-03-15 at 8.55.46 AM.png

JenCCSMech
New Contributor

Having the technicians be able to view their own inventory would be immensely helpful. I hope that Service Titan can get this implemented in the near future. 

JeffHerron
New Contributor III

Afaik, there is not a built-in way to do this. It would be a great addition to the inventory app.

When a tech launches, we provide them with an XLS of the template for their particular truck so they see what should be on it. But giving them visibility into status of replenishment orders would be ideal. We try to mitigate this need by picking the orders as quickly as possible and making sure our techs start each day fully stocked, as much as it is in our power to do so.