Tech Inventory

Jeffphill01
New Contributor III

Good Afternoon All,

May have been asked before so apologies up front. When a material is placed on an Estimate and eventually turned into a job once the job is completed should the material not drop from its inventory location? I have jobs that are completed however materials are still showing on my techs truck. Is there another step that I may have missed in adding to Price Book? Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

It really depends on your workflow, we have a stocked warehouse and anything that the techs take out of the warehouse gets transferred to their truck stock, then listed on the job from the techs truck stock. If we have to order a part for the the tech to pick up we put the PO on the job, use the techs warehouse as the inventory location and when we receive the PO it automatically adds the material to the invoice (coming from the techs inventory). 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Jeffphill01
New Contributor III

Thank You for your help Randi.

RandiThompson

Any time!!

Randi Thompson

RandiThompson

Make sure the inventory location on each material on the invoice is the tech's truck. If the material is listed, the inventory location is the techs truck and the job is complete, your truck inventory should not show any available for that material (or would be reduced by the amount on the completed job). 

Randi Thompson

So, if we are actually using stock from our warehouse for that job should the original inventory location be the warehouse? If the tech needs additional material and makes a supply run and I make the PO for the job then I receive as a vendor counter pickup and would become the Techs inventory the material should still drop from Techs truck once completed, correct? Our owner wants all of our purchases done through one person in the office and that is lucky me. 

RandiThompson

It really depends on your workflow, we have a stocked warehouse and anything that the techs take out of the warehouse gets transferred to their truck stock, then listed on the job from the techs truck stock. If we have to order a part for the the tech to pick up we put the PO on the job, use the techs warehouse as the inventory location and when we receive the PO it automatically adds the material to the invoice (coming from the techs inventory). 

Randi Thompson

Agree! It is all in the set up and follow through