Deleting services

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

I know you can deactivate services and categories in the pricebook, but is there any way to completely delete them? Just have some that I want deleted and not crowding the inactive purgatory. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Mrhandyman4833
New Contributor

I definitely want this too. There is no reason this cannot be an option. It's too easy to accidentally click the duplicate button and then you can't get rid of it. 

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

My implementation manager advised the same solution. Export to excel and then delete the items you do not want and then re-import.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

Hi Dalena! What if you to export the excel file and delete the row of the material/service/equipment from there?

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member
Hi @Brandon Koehler there is not a way to delete tasks, materials, or equipment from the pricebook. Setting them as inactive means they will not populate for office users or technicians when adding them to an invoice. Thanks!

cbarker
New Contributor II
There might be a quicker way someone else knows, but the way I've done it is to export the pricebook to excel. Find all the deactivated services you want to delete and delete them. Once deleted, save the file, and import it and click on deactivate existing price book. You might run into some errors if you had materials assigned to the services you deleted, in that case service titan will tell you what other lines you will need to delete as well. If there is a quicker way then that I'll be happy to know too!