Inventory replenishment

BRiK
New Contributor

Good afternoon.  I am wondering on the inventory replenishment, if it would be possible to have the actual item “Description” instead of item “Code”.  It would make it easier to decide if I wanted to replenish it with out having look up each item with the arrow on the right side of the page. 

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

should clarify, the vendor-material export will still allow you to send the excel file to the vendor to get updates from them.

Element Mist

BRiK
New Contributor

Thank you.  We use our suppliers part numbers but have our own name and description.  That way we can export our pricebook to our supplier, they can update pricing and we can import it back into our pricebook.  But doing it that way creates the issue I mentioned to start this dialogue.  I appreciate your response though! 

AdamCronenberg

You can still use their vendor part number and have it linked to the code you give.  This will also then allow you to get the same item from multiple parts suppliers as no 2 suppliers are going to have the same internal part number.  The vendor-material export in the pricebook will allow you to do this and then you do still get the benefit of an easier to decipher code for your own internal staff.  You can have your cake and eat it too here!

Element Mist

AdamCronenberg

You can decide what you want your item code to be.  We always made ours something easy that also kept like parts together.  May require an overhaul of your pricebook if you decide it is worth it, but has been extremely helpful to have our parts with naming conventions in their ST ID that make sense to even the newest of employees.  

Element Mist