Material on a membership

LindaSV
New Contributor

Does anyone add their filters on a Membership? We have customer that use special filters and they would rather pay for their Membership and pay for their filters upfront with the contract. It will not let you add material unless you add a tech but we wouldn't have a tech to assign yet. They are just paying for their contract. Anyone have a way to deal with this? 

6 REPLIES 6

DWasicek
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@LindaSV  You can create pricebook services for filters and have them be add ons to the customer membership. You would have to test whether you would have to manually add the exact filters as material to the Recurring Service Events invoice template. I'm sure you could configure it to work. There might be a little bit of extra manual work up front but it would be worth it when it's time to book the service.

Good luck.

Dawn

ServiceTitan Certified Coach

Powerhouse Consulting Group

alyssae
New Contributor III

Yes, I agree with @DWasicek. If you make the price book filter task an add-on to the membership task, the filters should also show up on future renewal invoices automatically. 

We already have the filters in the pricebook and we are able to add the filter but it will not add the $$ for the filter onto the contract unless you add a tech. We are not scheduling the inspection at this time just getting paid for the contract and the filter. There has to be a way to add the filter without adding a tech.

alyssae
New Contributor III

Hi @LindaSV did you ever find the solution to this? I would be curious about what is was. 

Hello, Yes we ended up adding to "Tasks" a new item in the pricebook called "ConFilters" It will only let you add a task not materials. Since we don't do inventory having the filter go on the contract as a task verses a material is not a big deal. It is solving the problem of the customer having to pay for their filter during the maintenance.  They are liking that much better and it solved the problem of us trying to get paid for the filter after the fact.    

alyssae
New Contributor III

Oh great! Thank you for sharing.