Remove "Would you like to perform work now?" question.

Doug_Ackerman
New Contributor II

I would like Service Titan to remove the Yes/No question after the technician sells an estimate. I find that this adds more confusion and added steps than if you simply had the tech request another appointment at closeout.

3 REPLIES 3

Doug_Ackerman
New Contributor II

Thanks, Dave.  I don't see why it would be a new job.  To me, it's another appointment for the job.  When a new job is created, we have to Initiate Booking, move the money over, add new summary notes from the original job, and more.  Plus, it leads to confusion over how the tech should answer the job.  I can see a new job being created if it is for a service that is completely different (ex. HVAC tech sells a duct cleaning job).

LOL.   I feel that in my soul.  I've begun grouping situations like that into projects and then using each estimate as a job in the project.  When an estimated job hasn't been completed in the allocated time, that's when I try and get them to add appointments...... 

It was so much easier when I only had to forecheck and backcheck.....  Good luck!

Dave
Contributor

But isn't a new estimate that's been accepted a new job? I've been using the "add appointment" to a job that was unable to be finished in the time provided.  Mind you, I'm new at this so maybe I just found a work around? Also,, we're a commercial HVAC company so a lot of our estimates require time for parts and such.