Dynamic Pricing - Doesn't work on Equipment

BDJ
New Contributor III

Why doesn't dynamic pricing work on equipment. 

Dynamic Pricing uses the categories that the equipment are in and there is an equipment mark up section in Dynamic pricing. This does not make sense.

Secondly, how are we to mark up equipment? 

Where does this happen?

7 REPLIES 7

Logan
New Contributor

Redundant and somewhat counterintuitive in functionality.  If I am adding a piece of equipment that has a certain number of hours associated with it, it does not calculate those hours. It calculates only the hours of the task. Hypothetically you sell a system with 3 pieces of equipment and want to give a flat price for the whole system. If you put all of the equipment under 1 task it doesn't calculate the labor associated with each piece of equipment.

I would have to created 7 tasks to represent the equipment combinations (A, B, C, AB, AC, BC, ABC) instead of 1 task that can represent them all dynamically based on what is add to the estimate.

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Like Miranda said, for dynamic pricing to work, you need your materials/equipment linked to a Service/task, but If you wish to use your actual "equipment" without being linked to a Service/task, then you need to do a Client Specific Pricing Rule. This is for T&M, you can do it by the actual time worked or you can edit the piece of equipment  and add the "sold hours" and then once added to the invoice it will automatically calculate the price based on your markups and billable rate

Chayo80_1-1687191807993.png

BDJ
New Contributor III

(see reply to Miranda)

It seems inefficient to create a rate sheet using the client specific pricing rule and then find and add that to every single customer that may use that rate for that equipment. Do you know what the mechanism/method is to mark up equipment without the the Client Specific Pricing Rule (Is that the Material Mark up page and then running the Pricing Wizard?). Is there a way to group edit customers and/or locations with a Client Specific Pricing Rule?

MirandaMel

Have you created a task/service for that piece of equipment?  It needs to be created there in order to use dynamic pricing.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

BDJ
New Contributor III

I see that. I was wondering if there was a simple solution I wasn't aware of. It seems redundant to build an  Equipment Item and then rebuild it again in Services so the dynamic pricing rule would apply especially since dynamic pricing seems to build rules around the same categories that the services and equipment share.

domenic_
New Contributor II

Was a solution ever found for this? Im running into the same problem. We are Plumbing only, and i need to be able to use equipment for better serial number/warranty/service tracking. I dont like that the way ST breaks down the estimate when the equipment is added to a service on an invloice. Now im breaking down my service. Am i missing something here?

BDJ
New Contributor III

I am not sure if what you have going on is the same issue.... and to my knowledge there has not been a resolution.