Quoting HVAC system replacements

marlin
New Contributor II

We have struggled finding a workflow for our comfort advisors. Currently they do not use ServiceTitan for scheduling calls and quoting. We use Google Calendar for scheduling, a Google Sheet template for building the price and a Google Doc template for typing the proposal.

My struggle is creating install kits, equipment, etc in ServiceTitan to generate the price correctly. We have PriceBook Pro and dynamic pricing, but it does not play well with system replacement type estimates. 

One simple option is to use an integrated software like Sales Builder Pro. But our goal is to use ServiceTitan to it's potential to limit both software and additional costs. 

If you use ServiceTitan to build an estimate for HVAC replacement, do you just generate the price and system matchup with a spreadsheet then enter into ST? Or is everything setup in Pricebook?

4 REPLIES 4

joshheverly1
New Contributor

Set-up everything in the pricebook and let your techs sell when they are in the field.

john_kin
New Contributor II

Agreed. We are struggling with the same problem. Furnace and or AC replacement options are very difficult. Really hoping I’m missing a big neon sign here. Someone please chime in with a work around or a response. Thanks in advance. 

bradschlabach
New Contributor

same position for me here. any success in creating it?
I'm leaning towards creating Item Groups for Install kits and then line items of equipment. But i hate the fact that the price is shown as line items... If i put the equipment into the item group, i lose the ability to list the equipment on the estimate/invoice... ugh.. need a toggle on each line item for display price

bradschlabach
New Contributor

same position for me here. any success in creating it?
I'm leaning towards creating Item Groups for Install kits and then line items of equipment. But i hate the fact that the price is shown as line items... If i put the equipment into the item group, i lose the ability to list the equipment on the estimate/invoice... ugh.. need a toggle on each line item for display price