Converting estimates to bookings

jentron
New Contributor II

Are we the only ones that don't like that if we accept and book from an estimate this automatically creates a "project" even though we only use projects for system replacements.  We would like it to allow us to create a "job" when it is only an estimate for a repair.  So, to get around this, we have to completely create a new job that isn't connected to the estimate when it is a repair, which also goes against our estimate conversion %.  I would like to suggest that Service Titan allow us to decide if an estimate should convert to a project or just a job.  

2 REPLIES 2

AngieBeri
New Contributor III

We have this same issue.. I understand how your work process works.. .The work around ST gave us is this:. We go to the job where the estimate was made. We add an appointment ( turn off customer notifications) and put one of the technicians on it . We contact the tech and ask them to log into the job and sell it  and choose to do it now when they sell it. Then they mark their appointment as done. Then we go in and the estimate is now sold and converted to an invoice. Now we can apply the payment to the job and then we just add an appointment to the job for when the customer wants to book the job to start.  Note please make sure you change the job from an estimate in the top screen to a service job..otherwise the invoice the customer sees still says estimate.  If you need further clarifications let me know... This is the only way we can book the estimate to the job it was created on from the office side. This is very important because all the original notes and photos the tech made while going out to do an estimate will now be the invoice and all the information is there for the technician's to review etc. It would be a lot simpler if ST could just give the office staff the option to log into a job and sell it .. however it is not yet a priority with them . This is the work around we use and for now it is working for us.

jentron
New Contributor II

Thank you so much Angie.  That will help us so much.  Hopefully one day Service Titan will see the need we all have for them to correct this issue but until then, we will use your way.