Project Portfolio Improvements

FOFEJBoren
New Contributor

*Edit* Can a moderator please move this into the ideas tab? 

First off I just want to say I love the direction ST is going with the Project Portfolio tab and the latest update with bulk editing is so helpful! We had over 4k projects that dated all the way back from when projects were first introduced and it would have been a major headache having to change each project status manually. Big props for a quick and major improvement! This is why Service Titan is the best software in the industry, even with all the head aches that come with it. 

Withhat said I want to put forth some ideas that have come to me that I feel would elevate the Portfolio and Project Management as a whole

Enhanced Project Creation - This would be a major feature feature that should overhaul how projects are created. Gone would be the days of creating the job from the sold estimates menu in the follow up tab and instead put it in the Project Portfolio in a new section called "Uncreated Projects" with it's own red number indicating how many sold estimates in the tab are without associated booked jobs. Once a project is created with the associated job the invoice should be sent to the "Requisitions" tab. 

Alternatively you could also go the route of when a sold estimate is converted to a job, the job is sent to a "Jobs without Projects" Tab which would allow the user to either create the Project manually right there.

Enhanced Project Types:

Now that we have project types we should be able to set default Tasks that are automatically created once the project is created such as "Start Requisition" "Pull Permit", " File Utility Provider Application" Ect. Additionally the ability to have conditional logic powering the Task Manager would be such an epic enhancement. 

Project Portfolio Mini Menu

If we are going to think of the Portfolio as a folder containing records of all our projects ordered to perfection, It's only natural to desire the ability to click into a project and view a fly-out showing the jobs associated with the ability to click into a specific job would be a great move in that direction. Like the dispatch board, but custom for project managers. 

Additionally having all completed projects moved into an archive based on date completed would be a dream!

Please share your thoughts and give me an upvote if you like this idea!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gotobrandi
Contributor II

I like your ideas especially Enhanced Project Creation. It would be a great feature for the projects. If you put any of those in the "Ideas" tab please put link here and I will upvote

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

gotobrandi
Contributor II

I voted and here is the link in case anyone stumbles upon it here in the community so they can upvote it too https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-7323 

gotobrandi
Contributor II

I like your ideas especially Enhanced Project Creation. It would be a great feature for the projects. If you put any of those in the "Ideas" tab please put link here and I will upvote