Reporting is Inaccurate and Causing Issues for Our Company

stephani46
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hello.  Why do the report templates produce different results for the same information?

Example: Using the BU template, sales can show $10,000, but if you use the estimate template it can show $15,000 for the same date range.

No matter which template, it should show the same amount.  I have contacted support and just get the response it's because of the template used.  This causes confusion and management doesn't know which is accurate.  They look at the modular dashboard and question why it doesn't match the reports.

Please make it so the dashboards and reporting are all the same regardless of the template used.

17 REPLIES 17

stephani46

Hi Ramon - my service managers want to know why??  Their logic is if an estimate was sold, it should show no matter where or how it was sold on that day.  Kudos to the creator/developer for all the reporting, but please just make them simple and mirror how the field and management thinks.  They just want to see the numbers as is, in one place, and not have to check multiple places to get the actual numbers of what happened.  Thanks.

stephani46

Not sure if my replies came thru with the screenshots so sending again.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 095808.jpgScreenshot 2023-02-03 095940.jpg

Hi @stephani46 ,

Yes, received the screenshots, thanks! I can confirm that this estimate was not created directly from a job which is why it is not showing up on the dashboard.

stephani46

Sales should so regardless of how or where created/sold.

stephani46

Screenshot 2023-02-03 095940.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot! As you can see there is no job number on the top, which means this estimate was not created from a job. 

stephani46

I spoke with Gary and he used the "Add an Estimate" from the invoice section to create it.

@stephani46 when you navigate to the estimate, do you see a job number on top? If there is no job number, it means it was created from call booking. If you please provide a screenshot of the top part of the estimate, I can let you know if it was created from a job or from call booking.

stephani46

Sold by detailsScreenshot 2023-02-03 095808.jpg