Does anyone use Daily Logs?

April
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone.  I just found this community today.  The company I hired into has used ServiceTitan for years and we are looking for a way to simplify things.  While looking, I ended up here and thought someone may have some insight. 

We currently have our techs track their paid hours, on job hours, sold hours, as well as job type and payment information on a paper daily log and I use that information to report KPIs.  Does ServiceTitan offer a way, or is there a report, to track this information?  I'm trying to streamline the process and I feel like our current situation has to many steps and leaves room for error.  

6 REPLIES 6

gotobrandi
Contributor II

Hello, we have our techs as managed techs in ST and assign them to their jobs and they clock in and out (dispatch, arrive, and done) from their job and collect payment. You can then run Job reports and modify the reports to best serve your needs. This helps in tracking your techs in case you have additional customer needs in the area they are in, makes it easier to track $ (payments ect.), and helps with job costing.

April
New Contributor II

Thank you.  Is there a certain job report you recommend?

Hi,

I am not sure if we all have same reports, but I start out with a basic 'Jobs' report copy it, name it something with my initials in front of it and modify the columns to what I am trying to track. Or I will create a custom report. One challenge that I have encountered when using reports or creating reports is there is a lack of flexibility when customizing the reports; not all criteria is available and I have to use 2 different reports to achieve my goal. 

April
New Contributor II

I've noticed that with reports also.  I'll see if I can get what I need.  Thanks!

JaclynR23
New Contributor III

We use forms for a lot of this information and run reports for the rest. Have you tried creating a custom form to help with this? Forms are under settings and you can create the forms with whatever questions you want, make questions required or not, then have them trigger on certain jobs or all jobs so that the technicians have to fill them out before completing jobs. 

April
New Contributor II

Thank you for replying.  We use forms too.  I'm not sure that they are the fit we are looking for but I will definitely look into it.