Credit on customer account

Angelle17
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I have a customer who overpaid so I refunded the overpayment which showed up as a credit on their account.

The amount has been refunded so why is the credit still on their account? Did I process it wrong? How can I remove it?

7 REPLIES 7

Millertime086
New Contributor II

We have been coming into the same conflicts on at our office as well, I worked through the system with a representative to create adjustment invoices, that allows the credit adjustment to come out. However, am still looking for a process breakdown to stop the unapplied credits.  My thought is running a weekly report reflecting the credits so we know what we have to go back in and adjusted at, has anyone else established a process different that has functioned reflecting accurate numbers? 

Angelle17

So do you just take it off with an adjustment invoice? 

MirandaMel

What process did you use to refund the credit?

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

Angelle17

I went to the payment on the invoice hit the dollar sign and refunded the amount that was overpaid. I'm thinking I should've done it from the payment tab instead...

That is what I had done as well... Miranda is there a need to setup the automated refund workflow or are we able manually continue using them as it appears we both have done? 

MirandaMel

It is best practice to have it set up as it is also a step by step way of making sure your refund goes where you need it to.  As long as you also make any adjustments on the invoice, then you should be good.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE

MirandaMel

There is an automated refund workflow that works best. Set up automated refund workflow 

And there is also this article that might help.  Refund workflows can be a bit fussy.

Hopefully one of the articles will help!

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE