Does anyone else out there struggle with copying equipment, we are an HVAC company, from one home owner (previous owner) to the next owner (current owner)?

t_joner
New Contributor III

I have contacted Live Chat regarding equipment and was recommended to post the topic here.

Does anyone else out there struggle with copying equipment, we are an HVAC company, from one home owner (previous owner) to the next owner (current owner)? We like to keep the owners separate as the invoicing and labor warranty are with the original homeowner. We all know that not everyone is great at checking the three or four places you can add information like "NOT THE ORIGINAL OWNER".

Currently I have a customer who has 9 new mini split pieces that need to transfer over to the new owner, but there isn't a transfer or copy option within Service Titan. I would love to see that become an option within Service Titan, so that the original owner could still maintain what was performed during his time period, yet the new owner could have the information recorded.

5 REPLIES 5

scander
New Contributor II

you would transfer the location to the new customer account. ( Edit Pencil>customer >{new owner account}click customer when they pop up) no need to just transfer the equipment you can see all work history done on that location even if they are new owners. The Old customer account still has any job that was billed to that customer attached to the account. Let me know if this is helpful. 

field_th
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

This is a time consuming task that I would really love to see handled by a function similar to MERGE, but called something like TRANSFER, where you can pick and choose what gets transferred to the new home owner.

sally
New Contributor

I agree we are also trying to figure out a way to transfer the equipment over.  We looked at just changing the location name but that wont really work. 

field_th

Yes, big issue for us as well. Not only are we trying to keep an accurate timeline of the various owners of the property, but we are cleaning up data that was converted in during our implementation over a year ago.

I have said to many people, "Duplication" is the logically complement to "Merge". IMHO, both should be supported and used to effectively manage accurate and clean data.

Looking forward to seeing this pop up in future Release Notes 🙂

Tommy Thompson

jamiem21
New Contributor II

Yes! This is an huge issue for us. We previously used ESC and it was a simple transfer from the old customer record to the new owner.