Export Error

KristinS1
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hi all, 

Can anyone recommend their best practice for exportation of invoices and how to catch export errors?

Thank you! 

Kristin Smith
Covenant Plumbing
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MadisonPCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

@KristinS1 

When exporting to your accounting software it is best to establish a routine and have a written process for daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly. In your routine be sure to include checks and balance to ensure both systems in line with one another.

There are two exporting reports I like to look at when I am exporting to catch any errors. The Pending Export Report and The Export Error Report. If you are exporting to QuickBooks Desktop there is a handy exporting status on the upper right side of the screen. 

2023-01-13_8-53-47.jpg

Madison Moritz

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sheena_Palacios

Hi @KristinS1 -- the most efficient ways to prevent export errors is to have a good invoicing review/audit process or checklist. This ensures that before you post, batch, and export you review the invoice to confirm there there is either a service task, material, or equipment amongst other key items.

There are so many errors that can occur and fixes for them and here's a knowledge base article you on these common errors for Quickbooks:  https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/resolve-errors  

Be sure to use the "export error" report as this will show yo the errors and how to resolve. Hope this helps!

Sheena @ NiFT

MadisonPCG

@KristinS1 

When exporting to your accounting software it is best to establish a routine and have a written process for daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly. In your routine be sure to include checks and balance to ensure both systems in line with one another.

There are two exporting reports I like to look at when I am exporting to catch any errors. The Pending Export Report and The Export Error Report. If you are exporting to QuickBooks Desktop there is a handy exporting status on the upper right side of the screen. 

2023-01-13_8-53-47.jpg

Madison Moritz