Exporting Error 3100 for Inventory Parts.

ToniFranco
New Contributor II

Hi! 

We ae new to exporting PO's and although we have not begun tracking our inventory, we are trying to set ourselves up for that. I am trying to export a few Vendor bills from ST and have received the error QB Error 3100 on some of the bills. I have pulled the items up in QB, and in ST. The only difference between these and the ones that went through are the asset account and the fact that they are inventory parts. 

What is the best way to fix this. I see that I can just change the original item in QB and it will begin to export as a brand new item. I'm not sure that will keep things the most accurate. I also see that the Asset account in QB is one that is NOT listed in ST currently. I'm not sure why because it is our General operating account. The asset account set in ST is "Inventory" for these items. I'm not sure that is correct. 

I need to get this straight. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DianaK
Contributor

I am going to assume you are using QBD, please let me know if you are using QBO.

When you export soemthing with an item on it , it matches the type. So a non-inventory pricebook material or equipment in ST can match to a non-inventory part in QBD and an inventory material or equipment in ST can match to an inventory part in QBD. If they are mismatched types then ST will create a new item in QBD, in your case it will create a non-inventory part. You will in effect end up with duplicate items in QBD.

Any general ledger accounts you are using in ST must have a matching account in QBD that it is synced with.

It is extremely important that when you do start tracking inventory in ST, you get help. You will need to make changes to your pricebook in ST and in QBD to get things lined up. Please do not try to do this by yourself.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ToniFranco
New Contributor II

Than you everyone for helping! I think we have managed to figure it out, at least to this point! 

nketenji
New Contributor

Hey Toni,

I would be more than happy to help you out with the export issue.

I've sent an email so that we can have a look in depth at this specific issue and tackle it together as soon as possible.

DianaK
Contributor

I am going to assume you are using QBD, please let me know if you are using QBO.

When you export soemthing with an item on it , it matches the type. So a non-inventory pricebook material or equipment in ST can match to a non-inventory part in QBD and an inventory material or equipment in ST can match to an inventory part in QBD. If they are mismatched types then ST will create a new item in QBD, in your case it will create a non-inventory part. You will in effect end up with duplicate items in QBD.

Any general ledger accounts you are using in ST must have a matching account in QBD that it is synced with.

It is extremely important that when you do start tracking inventory in ST, you get help. You will need to make changes to your pricebook in ST and in QBD to get things lined up. Please do not try to do this by yourself.

ToniFranco
New Contributor II

Who do I get to help me? Someone at ST or QB? I am not at the tracking point, however I do want to start exporting Bills, but I am having a very difficult time. 

@ToniFranco - I'm going to reach out to our internal team to get you some assistance ASAP. Hang in there.