Having materials show up as a single line on the invoice?

IAllen
New Contributor

We just started with ST.  Prior to ST we would list labor and materials as single line items on the invoice.  Is there a way to have all of the materials on the invoice be combined into a single line item with a total cost?  Most of our customers do not want to look at the list of materials on their invoice.  I am hoping that it is fairly easy to do.  What I have done for our first few invoices is to add a task item called materials, then take the total cost of the materials listed and put it in that line item.  I then make all of the items on the invoice non-chargeable.  With all of the customization in ST I would think there is a setting somewhere.  Thanks for any and all assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

roushk
New Contributor III

We do not list out the materials on our invoices either.  When we were in the training meetings before we went live we asked if that was possible and were told no.  I do the same thing you described but it would be very help it ST did something about this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SheriKro
New Contributor III

We have a misc item set up in our pricebook and can type in a list of items with one price.

EleazarA
New Contributor III

HI yes! One thing you can utilize is called an item group. Now the item group on the office side is only available when creating an estimate, and when you sell that estimate and convert it into a job it will have any materials within that item group show up as one line item. On the mobile side the technician has the ability to use a "Sub Item" and that will combine any sub items attached to an item as one line item on the invoice as well.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out EleazarA@chickenladyspeaks.com

RandRefrig
New Contributor II

Do you use the same materials often on a job? Just wondering if this could be handled by creating “packages” in the Pricebook. That was a work-around that we had to use with our last system, i.e., for electrical components, install material packages, etc. It would be hard if you don’t use the same materials, but if you do, maybe that would work. Good luck!

roushk
New Contributor III

We do not list out the materials on our invoices either.  When we were in the training meetings before we went live we asked if that was possible and were told no.  I do the same thing you described but it would be very help it ST did something about this.