If you click on the refund icon next to a payment why does it not create a refund "payment" so that the invoice�s balance is accurate?!

mindyp_a
New Contributor

It will process a refund to the credit card, but it doesn't change the balance due on an invoice and because it doesn't allow a negative payment I cannot manually enter one. I have to create an adjustment invoice (after the original has been exported) then enter a refund payment, however, you can't transfer credit on account to an adjustment invoice.

3 REPLIES 3

lbpoffic1
New Contributor

Agreed! Should be able to add a negative entry in Payments immediately to send invoice to customer showing their corrected balance right away. When you refund it shows the customer has a credit on their account. We do not want to add a another task or an adjustment invoice when the original invoice has not been exported. Doesnt make accounting sense. **ST-- WE NEED A NEGATIVE PAYMENT ENTRY FOR REFUND PLS**

mindyp_a
New Contributor

We have a payment type that creates a journal entry but Service Titan doesn't allow us to apply a negative payment to the invoice. We have to wait until it's exported, create an adjustment invoice and do it on that. It just seems like you should be able to tell Servie Titan that when I refund a customer's credit card I want it to create a credit card refund payment. Right now it refunds the card but does nothing to reflect the new balance and is difficult to clean up since you have to wait for everything to be exported. Just seems like quite the work-around.

kevinfow
New Contributor III

We have a special payment type, Refund Liability, set up inside of Service Titan and then have that payment hit our "Refund Liability" account inside of Quick Books. Because this is a journal entry it will allow the negative payment