Job Assignment - Post Completion

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

Once a job has been completed by one of our technicians and the job is closed, there are many steps that job goes through after this before it can be invoiced or batched, whichever is necessary. (i.e. Adding a PO# (sometimes, waiting to hear back from a vendor for this number), adding sign off sheets, completion of a new customer by adding correct billing info/instructions, etc.) I'm sure this is the same for many of you. I'm also sure that, like us, you may have various people performing these tasks. For us, our Dispatchers attach sign off sheets and photos while our Purchasing department researches PO#s and sends/requests W9's, COIs, etc.

My problem is this... As someone who is looking over every single job each morning I need to be able to "assign" or "flag" completed jobs to various administrative personnel. I need Dispatch to know that a sign off sheet is missing, or for purchasing to know that they need to request a PO#. Currently, we've resorted to sending dozens of emails, sticky notes all over our desks to remind us of what's outstanding and why, and lots of wasted paper printing jobs with issues and keeping a pile of them on our desks. It's redundant and inefficient. There has GOT to be a better tracking system post-completion.

Anyone?

Ideas

5 REPLIES 5

KDahmen
New Contributor II

We currently use Task Assignments and each person is responsible for checking and clearing their tasks thru task management. When the dispatcher has completed their function they close out their task and add a task for either purchasing or AR (depending on weather there are open POs or not).  When purchasing is done adding purchased materials, they close their task and add one for AR to process the invoice, etc.....  It is a little cumbersome but it is working for us and eliminates having to remember or write on sticky notes.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

We use tagging with quite a bit of success

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member
Or create an email for each of those departments for this purpose only then while your reviewing invoices email the invoice to the department right from service titan letting them know what is needed and remove the invoice from the batch. It will remain in batches till all information is completed so that will be your reminder that it is not done

karenhaw
New Contributor III

Would you consider creating custom tags for all these jobs? Tag the jobs with person/ dept/ task needing to be done, and have a standard that the job cannot be exported until the appropriate steps are completed and the tags removed. You would be able to do a search for each tag and know immediately if somebody has completed their task, and your AR department would know not to touch until the tags are gone.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

I would "Like" this 10,000 times if I could!!!!!!