Purchase Orders and Pricebook need to be enhanced to work better together. When receiving a Purchase Order, price changes should automatically update in the pricebook. we should not have to take an extra step to update the cost in the Pricebook

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

8 REPLIES 8

josh_via
New Contributor III

I find the concept intriguing, although it raises concerns regarding the safeguarding of this particular feature. The potential justification for bypassing updates arises from the desire to acquire a higher-priced product due to its availability, without being subjected to an automatic price increase. It is conceivable that circumstances might arise where one would prefer to avoid a price hike. Consider, for example, the distinction between recycled refrigerant and new refrigerant. Opting for the former enables cost savings, potentially reducing the upfront expenditure. However, due to factors such as quantity or other considerations, one might be compelled to purchase more expensive refrigerant. In such a scenario, it would be undesirable for the price to be automatically adjusted, as it could disrupt the entire pricing structure for that specific purchase. This idea is worth contemplating, although I am indeed in favor of automatic pricing for certain items.

kmckinni
New Contributor

This really needs to be more of a priority. Especially since right now prices are changing so much. I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult for them to do it too.

Former Community Member

I also think that this is something that Service Titan needs to elevate as importance within the Inventory/Purchasing module. There has to be better linkage between the price book, pricing, and inventory... even working on the mobile inventory would be ideal especially in "covid - post covid time" things are only going to continue as this is the "new norm".

kurt455
New Contributor II
Same thing that I mentioned months ago, pricing is changing by the hour on supply, need to update quicker

Former Community Member

I agree and I think that when you enter a bill you should have the option to update the PO and Receipt from the bill cost to ensure job costing stays accurate.

Former Community Member
I agree... Especially with Price fluctuation on some consumables. On all received PO's we should have the option to update as long as our vender and parts match the current ticket. Ryan Finch Warehouse Manager Service Champion & A-Avis Home Services Office: 909-825-3600 Direct line: 909-835-4963 Email: RyanF@avisac.com

m_wood
New Contributor II

I agree 

joegar
New Contributor II

Wanted to second this idea!