What are the steps to fix QuickBooks Error 185 during bank connection?

jack65758
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I’m experiencing QuickBooks Error 185 when trying to connect my bank account. It seems like the issue is related to the bank connection, but I'm unsure of the exact cause. I’ve checked my login credentials and they seem correct.

Has anyone else faced QuickBooks Error 185? What steps did you take to resolve it? Any advice on fixing this bank connection issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

emmyrossum56
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 185 usually occurs when there's an issue with your bank account connection or login credentials. This error typically arises due to incorrect login details, expired bank account passwords, or connection issues between QuickBooks and your bank.

Reasons for Error 185:

1. Incorrect Login Credentials: If the username or password for your bank account has changed and hasn't been updated in QuickBooks, it can trigger this error.

2. Bank Account Changes: Recent changes to your bank account, such as a new account number or security questions, might cause connection issues.

3. Bank Server Issues: Sometimes, the issue might be on the bank's end, such as server maintenance or connectivity problems.

Solutions:

1. Verify Login Details: Double-check your bank login credentials and update them in QuickBooks if necessary. Go to the Banking menu, select Bank Feeds, and then Update Bank Feeds.

2. Update QuickBooks: Ensure you are using the latest version of QuickBooks, as updates often fix known bugs and issues.

3. Re-link Your Bank Account: Disconnect your bank account from QuickBooks and reconnect it. Navigate to Banking > Bank Feeds > Bank Feeds Center, then select Deactivate All Online Services for the affected account and re-add it.

4. Contact Your Bank: If the issue persists, contact your bank to check for any ongoing issues or changes that might affect the connection.

By addressing these aspects, you can resolve Error 185 and restore proper functionality to your QuickBooks setup.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

emmyrossum56
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error 185 usually occurs when there's an issue with your bank account connection or login credentials. This error typically arises due to incorrect login details, expired bank account passwords, or connection issues between QuickBooks and your bank.

Reasons for Error 185:

1. Incorrect Login Credentials: If the username or password for your bank account has changed and hasn't been updated in QuickBooks, it can trigger this error.

2. Bank Account Changes: Recent changes to your bank account, such as a new account number or security questions, might cause connection issues.

3. Bank Server Issues: Sometimes, the issue might be on the bank's end, such as server maintenance or connectivity problems.

Solutions:

1. Verify Login Details: Double-check your bank login credentials and update them in QuickBooks if necessary. Go to the Banking menu, select Bank Feeds, and then Update Bank Feeds.

2. Update QuickBooks: Ensure you are using the latest version of QuickBooks, as updates often fix known bugs and issues.

3. Re-link Your Bank Account: Disconnect your bank account from QuickBooks and reconnect it. Navigate to Banking > Bank Feeds > Bank Feeds Center, then select Deactivate All Online Services for the affected account and re-add it.

4. Contact Your Bank: If the issue persists, contact your bank to check for any ongoing issues or changes that might affect the connection.

By addressing these aspects, you can resolve Error 185 and restore proper functionality to your QuickBooks setup.