Are there any companies out there who prefer not to give pricing over the phone? If so, any tips anyone can share on saving a call when asking for quotes / pricing over the phone?

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

3 REPLIES 3

theshane
New Contributor III

Similar but slightly different from Meghan, we like to give justification and examples to customers of variables (which could be determined at the home) that would hinder us from giving them an accurate price over the phone. So for example if someone wanted an AC system quote we would explain we need to examine their attic/closet limitations, the orientation and size, if any ductwork or modifications are needed, plenums, transitions, etc. The important thing for us is instead of simply telling them we won't give them a price, explaining to them why we literally can't. Basically, our hands are tied until we get eyes on the situation.

meghan_r
Contributor

I am in HVAC. What someone calls and wants an estimate over the phone to replace a unit (or anything for that matter), I explain that we are not able to provide an estimate over the phone because we need to make sure that the work we are quoting is up to city code. That 9 out of 10 times they will schedule.

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

This is a very good question.. I would love to know the answer as well.