IS there a way to create a project for a customer selecting jobs from multiple locations?

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

Say a landlord with multiple properties and is getting service contracts on all of them? We can't add those to a project and send them 1 invoice due to them not being at the same locations.... Or, when we service big apartment complexes.... Each apartment has it's own location in the system, but we can't use those to do our services, due to set pricing and generating one bulk invoice. Then, for a landlord situation, our service contracts have only 2 options- to be put on a seperate location, and manually swapping the service history to each location after invoiced... or billed each location individually- which is ridiculous when you have 150 apartments, and one person is paying for all of it? I would think that would be the point of a "project"... multiple locations/services. It would just be easier to be able to have an option in memberships to bill as project- and then you could add each job to the project as you dispatch. Or a particular job type, that attaches it to that membership automatically, then we can invoice just like you do project invoices now.

4 REPLIES 4

Philscordato
New Contributor

Has anyone come up with a good solution for this ? I have the exact same problem. I need to create a project for a single customer, but multiple locations. For example a large commercial property with multiple buildings ( locations ) that have their own individual records and jobs. This property gets shut down and winterized each season ( the overarching project ) and started back up each spring. I create jobs for the technicians to clock in and out of for each location ( building ) so they can track what they are doing, what repairs are needed, or have been performed along with any pictures and also the equipment that is located in each building gets added to that location so everything can be tracked for that equipment. I'd like to create a project for shut down and include the multiple jobs under that one project, but since i have multiple locations for the jobs it seems like i cannot do this. 

I had been wondering if anyone else ran into this problem and i'm glad i found this. The apartment building example is a perfect one. Or large new construction projects involving multiple units or multiple stories, but all under one project. 

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

So If you have a customer and then have multiple locations under the customer it will keep those individual properties under the one customer. Then you Can go and create a maintenance type agreement and call it something like Multiple Maintenance or whatever you feel would be a good name for that type of agreement, Then when ypouj create the membership type it ask you in the beginning of the setup is you want this type of agreement to apply to individual locations or the person and all properties within that customers profile. Then you would (after setting up the membership type) essentially just charge the customer and it will apply the maintenance status to all of the properties under that person.

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

That is how we are currently doing it, but I think it would be nice to keep our maintenance records on the location it belongs to, and be able to book it out individually so we know the details of each location (i.e.: how long the tube heaters are taking vs the furnaces...)

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

I think you can just create a customer and add locations to the customer. Then create an estimate under the parent account and send it that way. Another way would be to maybe create one of the locations calling it Master account or main office or something like that and create the invoice there. You would definitely want to have all the different apartments seperated under the Landlords name so you can track all of them seperately.