Job 'Due Dates' Not Showing Accurately When Pulling from Reoccurring Services via Follow-Up

bheckman
New Contributor

Something I'm working with support on, but I don't know if it will ever make sense without being able to show them. So I figured I'd try and explain our problem here, see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing, and/or has found a workaround/solution.

In a nutshell:
We use Location page Tags to identify different delivery routes (example: 1G, 2G, 3G, etc)
Each tag has a corresponding area where we'll be delivering that day
We have built each reoccurring service with corresponding frequency, the most common of which is 4 weeks (or 28 days to be exact)
I use the Follow-Up feature to pull these reoccurring services which has worked pretty well when searching with date parameters and corresponding tags

That being said, the problem we're having is that with each holiday that comes around, it pushes these once-correct reoccurring Due Dates ahead a day. What I mean is, if the customer has a delivery today, you could count exactly 4 weeks out, and the next day should be that same day as well. However, when a holiday occurs, it would push that one available day ahead by one (Monday to Tuesday, Wednesday to Thursday, Friday to Monday, etc). So every holiday that comes and passes, those reoccurring Due Dates get further and further spaced out, making booking those reoccurring jobs VERY difficult.

Yes, I could go into every reoccurring service and update the dates, but when we have 2,000+ reoccurring service customers, that's next to impossible to manager efficiently- and that is, if I didn't have other tasks to accomplish.

My perception of the situation is that if I could (imagining how this might be fixed) open our settings, tell ST days that it should overlook completely as non-working days (in this case holidays), and have it factor that in when it's calculating the next Due Dates, the problem would be eliminated.

Has anyone else been effected by this? Are we the only folks booking full routes (30-40 customers at a time) via the Follow-Up tab? Is my only option to spend wasteful time simply fixing reoccurring services?

Thanks for reading, and even more thanks if you can validate this problem and/or provide a solution. 

2 REPLIES 2

e_dunn
Former Titan

Hi @bheckman - Have you heard back from Support?

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. BUT, I do (maybe) have a resource for you. Checkout this post from @AHennager . He discusses recurring services in a bit of detail and it might be what you're looking for. If not, please let me know and I'll connect with my fellow Titans to see how we can help you.

That article is amazing. Unfortunately, no resolution as of yet.