We need to be able to add a "new" customer, and assign them an "old" location on the Call Booking Screen. This is happening often in our market.

dave_fa
New Contributor II

The current process is cumbersome: Add Customer, create fake location, book call, change owner of "old" location, merge new and old locations, inactivate old owner

There should be a way to assign an old location to a "new" customer from the Call Booking Screen.

2 REPLIES 2

dave_fa
New Contributor II

You are able to "Merge" Locations after you have created the brand new location.

The old invoices will retain the original customer's name, but you will be able to see the shared history.

However, I agree with you (to my point above as well) it is cumbersome and creates extra unnecessary work.

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

I want the previous home owners contact info to stay in our system and the previous invoices to remain the same.

When a new customer buys the property and calls us for service I want to have an option for NEW OWNER.

So now the account is updated with the new owner s info without any of the previous job or invoice information being affected.

I need to have access to all of the jobs we have completed at a property, but I also need to know who that work was done to keep everything clear and avoid legal issues.

I need this to be SIMPLE so that everyone booking jobs can understand how it s done.

Merging locations, creating and selecting a different customer in the job edit drop down, etc, is too complicated and creates issues.

I now understand after being on the phone with Service Titan tech support for over an hour that the only way to currently do this is to create a completely new account and start fresh when someone buys the home. But having the job history for that property listed is crucial to our business as many of our jobs are tied to work that we had previously done. If my techs in the field cannot easily reference this by looking at the account history, they are going to assume it was not done by us.