Job Details: Why does it send Billing info and not the actual job info?

sierra_h
New Contributor II

I'm trying to figure out how to get the send "Job Details" button to populate and send the actual location information on where we are dispatching the technician. As it is, it populates the billing info and we have to delete that a re-type the actual info that should populate there. We also have to do this over and over and over and overrr again because we have no way to send job details to all technicians on that job nor do we have the ability to dispatch multiple technicians at a time. I and others have asked for both of these in the past and it just gets a "Thats a good idea, we'll work on that" and then nothing happens. Can I PLEASE get some answers on these crucial items that continue to slow our process instead of increasing productivity as you claim the software does..... PLEASE help! 

3 REPLIES 3

scburns
New Contributor III

Hi @sierra_h , thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm the Product Manager for the Dispatch Board team, and I would like to learn more about the workflow you talk about here. Could you please share the steps you're taking and the specific steps you would want to be adjusted along the way? The more information about the specific areas you are clicking on, the quicker I can help you. If you have any additional feedback, I am happy to review and speak to you about that, too!

sierra_h
New Contributor II

Perhaps a phone call or zoom meeting would be more helpful but I will try to explain it more here for now. The only way I am aware of to dispatch a technician to a job is not in the dispatch board which you would think you'd be able to dispatch from, you have to open the actual Job side of the invoice and scroll alllll the way down to the day you are looking to dispatch for in the appointment box... once you find that and see the technicians scheduled that day you then click their name to bring a drop down that you then select "Send Job Details" which brings up a window with prepopluated information in it. Unfortunatly for some reason instead of populating just the Job information it mixes the Billing Name with the Location address. So for example if we are working with and billing "CSP Manangement Company 675 Smith Drive Rochester, NY 14586" Who owns "Dunkin Donuts 123 Elm St Syracuse, NY 13021" (just for a fictitious example) the technician sees "CSP Manangement Comany (billing name) and 123 Elm St Syracuse (location address)" so it is extrememly confusing. What I end up having to do in order to avoid the frustration on the technicians side is to then erase the prepopulated info and enter the correct info, then send it. I have to do this 15 times if I have 15 techs on a job which is pretty standard.... Maybe I'm asking too much but to me that's an absolutely insane amount of work and time just to dispatch techncians, especially for program that is desgiend to minimize your disptach time and streamline your workflow. What I wish I could see in the future is the ability to disptach the entire group of technicians on an appointment preferrably from the actual dispatch board and have it send the job details to them automatically when dispatching. I'd also love to have the ability to send those job details without actually dispatching as well, and to have the details populate only the job location information and not mix in any of the billing information (or maybe have the option of what shows up in that window, make it editable in our settings if there are other companies that actually do need it set up that way for whatever reason). I hope this is hepful. Thank you for your time! 

scburns
New Contributor III

Hi @sierra_h , Thank you for the detailed feedback. To answer this, I've got information broken out below, and I will send you a personal message here on Community to set up a time to discuss it further. 

Dispatching from the Dispatch Board

• There is an option to Dispatch assigned technician(s) from the appointment bubble. Further info is documented here.
  • There is also an option to Dispatch assigned technician(s) from the Job Details Flyout. Further info is documented here

Send Job Details

• The mismatch of information you are experiencing sounds incorrect, and I have shared that with my development team to triage. 
  • I will also look into adding this functionality to the Job Details Flyout so you can more quickly access that from the Dispatch Board. 

Messaging Groups of Technicians

• This is a topic I would like to learn more about and see what workflows are essential to improving for you.