All I want is the ability to take an estimate and "upgrade" it to an invoice!!!!!!!

DonaldAnnapolis
New Contributor

All I want is the ability to take an estimate and "upgrade" it to an invoice!!!!!!!

I don't want to RETYPE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4

TeraWhetten
New Contributor II

Are you referring to "selling" the open estimate on the job to the SAME EXISTING invoice, instead of booking a new job / transferring the notes and tasks through the "Book New Job" button? If so, we do that manually a lot in our workflow as the techs have an open estimate we sent to the Property Manager for formal approval, but the work is already done in some cases. If we get a pre-approval amount of $300 but the tech did the work to get them running, for $350 we wait to send the invoice, to see if we can get the extra $50 approved via email (if we can't get ahold of them on the phone on site). When we finally get the full approval, we move the items from the estimate to the invoice manually and then dismiss the estimate. It would be nice to "sell" the items to the existing job's invoice and not manually move the notes and tasks individually as we're currently doing. We don't want to book a new job as the work is already done and we don't need to return. This is also helpful if the tech doesn't mark the work complete in the field and the office has to create the invoice for them from their estimate.

Wouldn't it be easier to convert the estimate to a job and while waiting on the extra $50 approval - put the job on "Hold" or either "Done Working" ?  Then when you get the approval for the additional amount - you can complete the job. I hope I'm understanding correctly but the process your company uses doesn't mess with accurate reporting of the tech's KPIs ? 

JenCarlsonPlumb
New Contributor

If you mark the estimate as sold and select the tasks sold, you can book the job from the button there and when you book the job directly from the estimate all of the text and prices will be on the invoice for that job automatically 🙂 Problem solved! 🙂 Hope that helps you. (you can click on the invoice on the job page and you will see that all the estimate info is on the invoice already for the technicians)

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Could you clarify your walkthrough on this?  You don't need to retype everything when an estimate sells into a job. 

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning