Multiple department estimate

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Hey ST users!

Currently, I have been running into the problem where we have new builds that require more than one department to quote (example: both an HVAC tech and a duct work tech). What tips/workarounds do you have to help build these types of estimates? I don't want to turn it into a project yet when we are just at the estimate stage in case we do not end up selling the deal. I'd love to hear some thoughts on this! I know there are many ST users who have multiple departments. We are just starting to get into this now and could use some tips please! 🙏 

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
1 REPLY 1

Rachel_Young
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

I will say I'd encourage you to use projects in this scenario but I am a fan of simplicity so I get it! If you need to have multiple jobs looped together though then projects are your answer. There is also configuration you can ask your csm for that will allow pricebook items themselves to have a business unit field applied, which can help with exporting to accounting software and reporting. On a simplistic level, I'd book a job with multiple appointments assigned to the techs that need to bid on different areas of the build. You can also make a proposal template for them to work off of that will allow multiple estimates to be sold as desired. Beyond that I'd need to know more about your companies needs, 🙂 Feel free to message me if you have questions.