We need an Estimates tab!

jarrettd
New Contributor III

ST should have a way of making "opportunity estimates" without having to link it to an appointment (date, arrival window...).  For example if I am bidding a commercial job off of a spec and blueprint that was emailed to me.  Im not actually going to the location, therefore I don’t need an appointment or a job..... im just building a quote 

I don't need my office-built quotes appearing on the dispatch board.

My recommendation would be to make separate estimate building tab that’s more geared towards office-built estimates – ones that aren’t tied to an appointment.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Looks like you are creating all your estimates from the Job Booking/ Call screen and hitting at the bottom Build Estimate, that is intended for you to prebuild the estimate, book the job and then the estimate will be attached to the job for the tech to perform the work and collect signatures

Chayo80_0-1687290345523.png

You want to build estimates outside a call, which you need to do directly from the location, from the quick view clicking action and Build Estimate

Chayo80_2-1687290533842.png

Another way is to open the location page go to the Opportunities & Estimates and click on +Build estimates, 

Chayo80_1-1687290491613.png

This way your estimate wont force you to hit "back to call", estimate will show up on your Opportunity follow ups, you can email it to customer and they can sign online, or you can sold/convert from the office, once mark sold it will show up on your sold estimate and when sold this way you will be able to initiate the booking and select the sold items and put them into the job's invoice

Hope this helps 😎

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ActsOfJax

My boss often makes estimates without visits and it's causing an issue in the office as we need to make a manual timesheet, hope it doesn't overlap, etc or he will still dispatch when the customer gets a message hes on the way and he's not actually going. Long story short, we are doing a lot of work arounds here. How can we allow him to make an estimate WITHOUT tying to a job etc. Is this possible? I don't see an add estimate option on the location page like some have stated. 

Chayo80

Looks like you are creating all your estimates from the Job Booking/ Call screen and hitting at the bottom Build Estimate, that is intended for you to prebuild the estimate, book the job and then the estimate will be attached to the job for the tech to perform the work and collect signatures

Chayo80_0-1687290345523.png

You want to build estimates outside a call, which you need to do directly from the location, from the quick view clicking action and Build Estimate

Chayo80_2-1687290533842.png

Another way is to open the location page go to the Opportunities & Estimates and click on +Build estimates, 

Chayo80_1-1687290491613.png

This way your estimate wont force you to hit "back to call", estimate will show up on your Opportunity follow ups, you can email it to customer and they can sign online, or you can sold/convert from the office, once mark sold it will show up on your sold estimate and when sold this way you will be able to initiate the booking and select the sold items and put them into the job's invoice

Hope this helps 😎

jarrettd
New Contributor III

Thanks you!  Got it turned on.  That is exactly what i needed!

jarrettd
New Contributor III

Thank you Chayo80.  I don't see that button/option on my location pages.  Emailed my IM to see if he needs to turn it on...

Chayo80

Ask you CSM to enable creating estimate from the customer location. Below is the Knowledge base info

https://help.servicetitan.com/how-to/create-an-estimate-for-construction-opportunities

jarrettd
New Contributor III

Thank you.  I get all the ways to just build an estimate.  From what i understand, here is how it flows on my end:

1. Click build estimate and form the estimate.  From that page i can also print or email it.  Done.

2. Customer wants to accept the estimate.  Cant be found in the follow ups tab.  Have to find it in the customer profile page.  Click the estimate to open it.

3. only option to move forward at this point is click "Back to call".  So i click back to call.  Does what it says.  Puts me back on the call screen where i fill out all the info as if i was booking the job.  Click book job.

4. It creates a job with a blank invoice.  I don't know why it doesn't just put the estimate items on it for me.  But all is not lost.  I see my estimate i created is linked on the right hand side.  I click the estimate and it takes me to the estimate page where i am able to click "Sold/Convert".

5. I click initiate booking, select all, book job.

6. Once again im landed back on the call screen to fill out all the same information 😫

7. Click book job from teh call screen and finally!  I have a job created with the estimate items on the invoice.

Am i doing something wrong??