How to organize customer/location profile notes

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

I have noticed that within ST, you cannot delete a note on a customer/location profile. I understand the reasoning behind this however, sometimes a note is no longer relevant and I'd like to delete it. 

We have recently added in a custom field on the customer profile entitled "Client life" where we can add in notes such as retired, has a baby, works from home, etc. This appears in bold on the side of the customer profile which is nice. However, I have noticed you cannot add multiple notes to this custom field but only edit/add to the one note. It also doesn't display the date/time it was added like an actual note does which is inconvenient. 

Sometimes, I add notes to help me keep track of things easily for a job/project but then once that task is completed, I want to unpin or delete these notes after but I cannot within ST. 

How does your company organize notes? Any tips? I'd love to start a discussion on this please! Give us some ideas!

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling
2 REPLIES 2

DiamondK1
Contributor

This is actually a permission setting at the Employee level. With the correct permissions you can allow certain employees to edit or delete notes (two separate permissions). Only myself and our VP have permission enabled to delete notes.

Kristen Johnson - Office Manager - Diamond Heating Cooling, Plumbing & Electric

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Thank you! @mirdesch maybe you can change our settings to allow yourself and I permission to delete notes?

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling