How can I resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6190 when it relates to issues with the company file?

laxeji7532
New Contributor

Has anyone resolved QuickBooks Error Code 6190? I’m encountering this error when trying to open my company file, and it seems related to data or network issues. I’ve checked my network connection and tried restarting QuickBooks, but the problem persists. Any advice on troubleshooting or fixing QuickBooks Error Code 6190 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ammyvirk677
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error Code 6190 typically occurs when there's a discrepancy between the company file and its transaction log file. This mismatch usually arises if the company file or the log file is being accessed or modified by multiple users simultaneously or if the files are not properly updated.

Reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code 6190:

1. File Discrepancy: The company file and the log file are not matching.
  2. Multi-User Mode Issues: Issues arise if the company file is open on different systems but isn’t synchronized properly.
  3. File Corruption: The files might be corrupted due to improper shutdown or network issues.

Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190:

1. Reboot Systems: Restart all systems accessing the QuickBooks company file.
  2. Verify File Locations: Ensure the company file and log file are in the same folder and no other user is accessing it simultaneously.
  3. Update QuickBooks: Make sure QuickBooks is updated to the latest version to fix any bugs.
  4. Use QuickBooks File Doctor: Download and run QuickBooks File Doctor to repair any file issues.

For persistent problems, consult QuickBooks support for advanced troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ammyvirk677
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error Code 6190 typically occurs when there's a discrepancy between the company file and its transaction log file. This mismatch usually arises if the company file or the log file is being accessed or modified by multiple users simultaneously or if the files are not properly updated.

Reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code 6190:

1. File Discrepancy: The company file and the log file are not matching.
  2. Multi-User Mode Issues: Issues arise if the company file is open on different systems but isn’t synchronized properly.
  3. File Corruption: The files might be corrupted due to improper shutdown or network issues.

Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6190:

1. Reboot Systems: Restart all systems accessing the QuickBooks company file.
  2. Verify File Locations: Ensure the company file and log file are in the same folder and no other user is accessing it simultaneously.
  3. Update QuickBooks: Make sure QuickBooks is updated to the latest version to fix any bugs.
  4. Use QuickBooks File Doctor: Download and run QuickBooks File Doctor to repair any file issues.

For persistent problems, consult QuickBooks support for advanced troubleshooting.